We are always looking for new innovative authors to bring their content into the industry! If you have an idea that will challenge and engage our readers while moving the industry forward, we would love to hear about it!
However working with Saint is not so easy, we are very picky with the authors that we work with as we want to deliver our audience the best quality content possible. Once accepted, you’ll get extensive feedback from our team, and you’ll work closely with an editor on revisions.
You may submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarising your argument and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we only accept original content we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog).
Before submitting, ensure your content has the following:
- We publish articles of anywhere between 600–2,500 words, depending on subject complexity. 1,500 words is about average.
- Has a thesis and offers a clear message
- Has a voice. Be human!
- Is written for our audience
- Any argument should be supported with facts, do not biasly talk about something and not backup what you are saying.
- Follow our style guides.
Email us your submission. We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft. You may also send us a plaintext file, a Markdown file, or a link to an HTML document. (Please do not send a ZIP file of assets unless requested by an editor.)
What happens next?
- An editor will reAn editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it. This happens once a week.
- The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes. (We rarely accept an article the first time around, but we’ll tell you if we’re interested.)
-Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
- If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on things like organization, argumentation, and style.
- We’ll schedule you for publication as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.
Although we can be seen as strict, we ensure the relationships between Saint and our writers are strong and meaningful, allowing for better understanding and communication.
Submit your idea