Today, we will be running through the importance of utilising automation within your business. Saint has saved thousands of admin hours for construction businesses across the UK just by the implementation of powerful systems and automation.
Automation in business systems plays a crucial role in driving efficiency, productivity, and growth. While we could be spending resources on a daily basis whether that be time, money or energy on recurring tasks that could just be simply and automatically handled.
⌚ Benefits of Utilising Automation
Improved Efficiency: Automation eliminates manual and repetitive tasks, allowing businesses to streamline their operations and achieve greater efficiency. By automating routine processes, employees can focus on more strategic and value-added activities, leading to increased productivity.
Cost Reduction: Automation helps reduce costs by minimising the need for manual labour and optimising resource allocation.
Enhanced Accuracy and Quality: Human errors are inevitable, especially when performing repetitive tasks. Automation ensures greater accuracy and consistency by minimising the risk of errors associated with manual data entry or calculations. This leads to improved data quality, reduced rework, and better overall output.
Increased Scalability: As businesses grow, manual processes often become bottlenecks that hinder scalability. Automation provides the ability to scale operations seamlessly by handling increased volumes without the need for additional manpower. This scalability enables businesses to expand their operations more efficiently and handle growing customer demands.
Accelerated Decision-Making: Automation facilitates faster decision-making by providing real-time access to critical information. Automated systems can collect, analyse, and present data in a meaningful way, enabling businesses to make informed decisions promptly. This agility is particularly important in today's fast-paced business environment.
Enhanced Customer Experience: Automation can significantly improve the customer experience by reducing response times, providing personalised interactions, and streamlining processes. Automated customer service systems, for instance, can handle customer queries, process orders, and provide support around the clock, leading to increased customer satisfaction.
Improved Compliance and Risk Management: Automating compliance-related tasks ensures adherence to regulations and reduces the risk of non-compliance. Automated systems can monitor processes, track data, generate reports, and identify potential issues, helping businesses stay compliant and mitigate risks effectively.
Integration and Collaboration: Automation enables seamless integration between different business systems and promotes collaboration among departments. Automated workflows and data sharing mechanisms enhance communication, coordination, and transparency, fostering a more productive and collaborative work environment.
Innovation and Adaptability: By automating repetitive tasks, businesses free up time and resources for innovation and creative endeavours. Automation allows organisations to experiment, develop new ideas, and adapt quickly to changing market conditions, giving them a competitive edge.
Competitive Advantage: Embracing automation can provide a significant competitive advantage in today's digital landscape. Businesses that leverage automation effectively can deliver products and services faster, with higher quality and at a lower cost, positioning themselves as leaders in their industry.
📈 Example of automation in a Sales System
To put this into action, we have built an example of a sales system with automation implemented within.
Web Enquiry Automation:
- A potential customer submits an enquiry through a web form on your company's website.
- The form is integrated with our platforms which captures the form data automatically and distributes and syncs it where needed.
- The automation tool triggers an email notification to the sales team, providing them with the details of the enquiry.
- Simultaneously, the automation tool updates your client relationship management (CRM) system with the new lead information.
- Additionally, on the web enquiry, we can ask for permission to send email marketing campaigns to the client, they therefore get added to our email lists.
Lead Qualification and Follow-up:
- Next up, the CRM system automatically assigns the lead to a sales representative based on predefined criteria, such as geographical location or service/product interest.
- The assigned sales representative receives an automated notification, prompting them to contact the lead.
- The CRM system logs the interaction and sets a follow-up reminder for the sales representative.
Quotation and Proposal Generation:
- The sales representative creates a quotation/proposal for the desired sale.
- The tool integrates with the CRM system, pulling relevant customer data and prepopulating the document, saving admin time.
- The sales representative customises the quotation or proposal as needed and sends it to the customer directly from the same platform it was created in via email connectivity.
- The automation tool tracks when the document is opened, providing insights into customer engagement.
Order Processing and Invoicing:
- Upon receiving acceptance of the quotation or proposal, the sales representative converts it into an order within the CRM system.
- Simultaneously, an invoice is automatically generated based on the order details.
- The invoice is emailed to the customer and the automation tool tracks when the invoice is viewed.
Payment and Follow-up:
- The invoice sent to the customer includes payment options, such as online payment gateways or bank transfer details.
- The customer makes a payment, and the payment gateway or bank notifies the system of the successful transaction.
- The automation tool updates the CRM system and flags the payment as received.
- If the payment is not received within a predefined period, the automation tool triggers a reminder email to the customer and the sales representative.
Fulfilling the Job
- Once the invoice has been paid, the CRM system can be automatically triggered to a fulfilment process, assigning a workforce, adjusting inventory and so on.
- Depending on the type of job, Minutes or updates can be sent to the client on a weekly basis.
Post Sales Communications
- Once the job has been marked as complete, this can trigger the post-communications process.
- A satisfactory request can be sent to the client, if negative, a relationship recovery process can be started, if positive, our system sends out an automatic email asking for a review on one of our many online platforms.
- Additionally, we can send out emails every month or quarter to build and continue the relationship with the client for upsells and repeat sales down the line as they agreed to marketing outreach on the initial enquiry form.
This is a quick example of a sales system that takes a client through a complete journey, and how we can use automation to reinforce a robust system and reduce errors, labour and resources.
🕊 Implement Automation into your business
At Saint, we provide a tailored approach to business development and automation as every business within the construction industry runs in a completely unique way with its own set of challenges and goals. That's why we begin our process by thoroughly analysing your current processes and systems to gain a deep understanding of your business operations.
Our team of experienced consultants will work closely with you to identify areas where automation can bring significant improvements, streamline workflows, and reduce manual labour. We will conduct a comprehensive review of your existing systems and technologies, evaluating their effectiveness and compatibility with automation solutions.
- Process Analysis and Optimisation: We will conduct an in-depth analysis of your company's processes, identifying bottlenecks, redundancies, and areas for improvement. Our experts will work with your team to streamline workflows, eliminate unnecessary steps, and optimise your processes for maximum efficiency.
- Automation Strategy Development: After understanding your business goals and challenges, we will develop a customised automation strategy that aligns with your objectives. Our team will identify the right automation tools, technologies, and platforms that best suit your needs and provide you with a competitive edge.
- Automation Implementation: Our skilled team will handle the end-to-end implementation of automation solutions within your organisation. We will configure and integrate the chosen automation tools seamlessly into your existing systems, ensuring a smooth transition and minimal disruption to your operations.
- Training and Change Management: We understand that the successful adoption of automation requires effective training and change management. Our experts will provide comprehensive training programs to empower your employees with the necessary skills and knowledge to embrace the new automated processes. We will also support you in managing the change and ensuring a smooth transition for your workforce.
- Continuous Monitoring and Optimisation: Our commitment doesn't end with implementation. We will continuously monitor the performance of your automated systems, making adjustments and optimisations as needed. Our goal is to help you achieve long-term success by keeping your automation solutions up to date and aligned with your evolving business needs.
Take your business to new heights with our Business Development and Automation Services. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discover how we can transform your processes and systems through automation.
🎉 That's a wrap!
We hope you found this useful! If you would like to go over anything we discussed within this article, simply get in touch with us here!
Frequently asked questions
This article has been provided for information purposes only. You should consult your own professional advisors for advice directly relating to your business or before taking action in relation to any of the provided content.
PS. Whenever you are ready, here's how to grow your construction business...
1. Join our Facebook Group which built completely for businesses within the construction industry. Real people, real support. - Now also available on LinkedIn.
2. Keep up to date with Construction Insider Providing you with industry insight, tips & tricks and much more to make sure you are ahead of your competitors!
3. When you are ready, Become a Saint Financial Group client, and we will provide you with the highest quality solutions to effectively scale your construction business. Book your meeting here!
Written by the team at: