Why you're here
Is your marketing honeymoon period over?
Have promises been forgotten and communications dried up leaving you with monthly payments but no visible difference, months on end.
Whether you’re a large multinational firm or a one-man band, having the right people work on your marketing is crucial to the success of your business.
This guide is brought to you by our close partners at Saint Global Marketing who are the UK’s leading Construction Marketing Agency.
“The construction industry is unlike any other. We understand your business, your goals and the challenges that you face in the industry. We work with you to implement highly effective solutions to drive success and consistency. We are the High Impact Agency that you have been looking for.”
As you’re reading this you’re likely having doubts about your current marketing work and the marketing agency carrying it out. The relationship between you and your marketing agency should be built on trust and transparency. You should have regular communication and a clear strategy to drive your business towards its goals.
If you have doubts about your marketing agency, it might be time for a change!
The most common reasons people change Marketing Agency
1. You’ve outgrown your current agency
As businesses develop and the marketing landscape changes, so do a company’s needs. There are many marketing channels that your business can take advantage of to grow its customer base and profits.
According to whatagraph, 18% of businesses change their agencies because their needs outgrew their agency’s abilities.
Whilst 11.6% changed because they were unhappy with the strategy.
Can your current marketing agency deliver the following?
- An Industry Focused Approach tailored to your exact audience. Whether that’s domestic, commercial or industrial.
- High quality production of Marketing Resources from brochures to consistent Social Media Content.
- Adaptive Marketing Strategies that highlight your business’s position within the market and how to get in front of your target audience.
- Proactive in your marketing intelligence allowing for identification of impactful opportunities to drive success.
Saint Global is supporting construction businesses across the UK with dominant lead solutions that is not seen anywhere else.
2. You want to improve the quality of your leads and sales.
While it’s undeniably exciting to see an increase in the number of leads coming through the door, we soon realise that not all leads are created equal. As a business, our ultimate goal is not just to generate more leads, but to attract high-quality leads that align with our target audience and have a genuine interest in our products or services.
Quantity alone should not be the sole focus of our lead generation efforts. Instead, we should strive to bring in the right type of clients — the ones who are more likely to convert into long-term customers, provide us with the work we want and generate substantial value for our business. Quality leads possess the potential to become loyal advocates, referring others and contributing to our overall growth.
High-quality leads are those that closely match our ideal customer profile (This is something carefully defined in your Marketing Strategy). By targeting your marketing and sales efforts towards relevant leads, we can reduce waste, build stronger relationships and increase your conversion rate.
3. The Agency simply does not know.
Does your current marketing agency perform a deep dive into your business and draw out the USPs that will appeal to customers?
Are you doubting their ability to suggest new marketing ideas that can make you one of the leading forces in your industry/geographic focus?
If the above questions sound familiar, you are not alone.
According to Marketing Week, 72% of brands believe “agency structures, processes, and pace of delivery are not developing at the same rate as a brand’s needs.”
Sometimes a business feels like they’re guiding its agency rather than the other way around. You need a Construction Focused Marketing Agency to be the expert that guides you and gives you the confidence to make bold choices with your marketing.
As industries get more competitive with businesses competing on larger scales; it’s now more important than ever to stand out from the crowd and get your business seen.
As competitors worry about a potential recession you can leap ahead of them by being on the front foot, explicit in what you offer and strategic in how you market it.
We have regular meetings with our clients which are packed full of creative ideas, exciting updates and reporting to make sure we are always on track.
Consider the following:
- Does your marketing agency truly understand the industry that you are in? - Something like Facebook ads simply will not work for a commercial focused business.
- Does your Marketing Agency care more about the monthly cheque than your business? - Smiles and promises don’t pay the bills.
- Can you easily discuss marketing with your agency? Open lines of communication is important. - It’s your business in the end.
- Is your agency transparent with results? - Marketing is an investment, meaning it pays you back (ROI). You need to know if it’s working or not.
4. You don’t feel truly understood.
In today’s fast-paced world, time and energy are valuable resources that should be utilised effectively. As a business owner, the last thing you need is to repeatedly explain the intricacies of your business (yet again) to your media agency.
A knowledgeable marketing agency goes beyond surface level familiarity with your business. They invest the necessary time and effort to delve into the depths of your organisation, comprehending your unique processes, goals, and requirements.
By working with a marketing agency that comprehends your business inside and out, you gain a strategic advantage. That in-depth understanding enables them to identify untapped opportunities (externally and internally), develop effective marketing initiatives, and drive tangible results. With a shared vision and mutual understanding, you can trust your marketing agency to act as a valuable partner, driving your business forward while freeing up your time to focus on other critical aspects of your organisation.
5. You don’t know if you are WINNING or LOSING.
Transparency is an essential element to the success of any business. Unfortunately, not all agencies prioritise open communication and fail to keep their clients informed with KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and campaign results. This lack of transparency leaves clients in the dark, leaving them to guess whether their investment is working or not.
This guessing game can lead to frustration, lack of confidence, mistrust, and ultimately, strained client-agency relationships.
Without this key information, you are unable to measure the return on investment (ROI) of their marketing efforts accurately.
We have had companies approach us who have been paying for services such as SEO month-on-month with absolutely no reporting being provided. Unfortunately, that client saw no growth across his platforms and was completely unaware until he reached out to Saint via our Free SEO Report.
6. Your current agency isn’t full of conversion rate optimisation experts
We all love to see a large volume of traffic on our site. It’s great to see so many people finding our business… right?
Well, not everything may be as good as it appears. Site visitors don’t pay the bills; we want sales, leads and meaningful awareness. If you’re getting 10,000 visitors a day but none of them convert, that is a lot of wasted traffic and marketing budget.
Has your current agency been able to identify the strengths of your website and areas for improvement? Increasing your website conversion rate is often the first step to take.
Potential customers will have a far better first impression and experience of your business if the website is well-optimised. A user wants to find the information on your website easily and to complete an enquiry, in the most hassle-free way possible.
When working with Saint Global, we look to identify what is working and more importantly, what is not.
We perform careful analysis to identify where resources are best spent, if something is not working, we are honest and proactive in our approach.
Your digital marketing agency should be making the same considerations and doing the same kinds of checks. If they haven’t yet, will they ever?
7. They can’t deliver a strategy across Multiple Channels.
Do you feel that your current strategy is bespoke and fits your vision or has the agency lazily reused work from elsewhere as if your business is a precut template? An ambitious and well-thought-out strategy is key to achieving your business goals.
Is your marketing agency comfortable performing across multiple channels, or have they just seen an opportunity to increase their total billable hours?
You could choose to engage with multiple agencies. You could work with a specialist Paid Media agency, plus an expert SEO agency too. But, then you double the amount of work you’ll need to do to keep on top of everything they’re doing. Twice the amount of calls. Twice the amount of emails. And, you’d still lose out as it would be very difficult to get the agencies pulling in the same direction or not blame each other.
You need your team to work collaboratively in order to achieve anything, otherwise it will just be endless email chains and chasing.
We built Saint Construction Support for this exact reason, to bring collaboration and fluidity into your business with integrated solutions from:
8. So... Do I make the Change?
- Does your marketing agency truly understand your industry and business?
- Are they being transparent about the work being delivered?
- Have results improved? or do you need to make an executive decision?
Your current options
Marketing is a key part of your business. Choosing the right agency is a big decision to make. Your options will come down to the following:
- Bring your marketing in house
- Change your marketing agency
In-House vs Saint Global Marketing
In-house marketing may be a tempting option. However, it’s important to ask several key questions before making the commercial decision:
- Does your team have the skills needed to implement a successful marketing strategy?
- What negative effects will come due to disturbing the team who are currently handling operational matters?
- Will it be difficult to find and employ Industry Focused Marketing professionals?
- Is it cost-effective to hire a team that has enough knowledge to match a full agency?
The huge advantage of using a Construction Focused Marketing Agency is the broad range of talent you will have access to who are already knowledgable and prepared to help your business reach its goals with immediate effect.
The right agency will take the burden of marketing off your shoulders so that you can focus on what really matters.
Complete the simple contact form and they reach out for a no obligation chat about what you are looking to achieve in your business.
Frequently asked questions
This article has been provided for information purposes only. You should consult your own professional advisors for advice directly relating to your business or before taking action in relation to any of the provided content.
PS. Whenever you are ready, here's how to grow your construction business...
1. Join our Facebook Group which built completely for businesses within the construction industry. Real people, real support. - Now also available on LinkedIn.
2. Keep up to date with Construction Insider Providing you with industry insight, tips & tricks and much more to make sure you are ahead of your competitors!
3. When you are ready, Become a Saint Financial Group client, and we will provide you with the highest quality solutions to effectively scale your construction business. Book your meeting here!
Written by the team at: